Friday, December 19, 2008

IS PEDER ZANE OF THE N&O HAVING SEX WITH DOWNTOWN RALEIGH?

Cue the music.

Related Story (N&O - April 13, 2008)

Okay, let's "strip-bare" this story. I suspect we can reach climax quick enough.

From the N&O Lifestyles section.

First the title: Raleigh rising.

Next the subtitle: As arts, dining and entertainment options expand bit by bit, downtown throbs with a glorious sense of possibility. (emphasis added)

I feel dirty already.

If we have any of Raleigh's finest still left on the force, can some of you run down to Fayetteville Street and make sure he's not doing anything indecent.

I think he and downtown need to get a room. I'm sure our Mayor would recommend this one.

On a more serious note, beyond Zane's obvious attempts to sex-up downtown Raleigh, is the fact that he has partaken of way too much flavor-aid on this infatuation with downtown Raleigh. I've never heard anyone put "Raleigh's Renaissance" in such overt sexual overtones though.